Sunday, August 8, 2010

Connections, Connections

The rather extensive variety of pronouns are not errors; each use is deliberate. 

Connections. Connections. We’re always seeking connections.

Sneakers crunch, sending rocks in patterns behind me. My feet pattern the ground. My heart thuds through my chest. Climbing, running, searching, seeking. Where can I find? Sometimes if I run fast enough, hard enough, strong enough, sure enough, I see it. I catch a glimpse of the place inside. To find that place, the place inside, if I could connect body, spirit and mind – then could I be free. Free from that shell, the rotting shell outside. The prison, the rotting shell, can be a temple only if we connect, like the hermit crab, carrying a house, seeking a home.

Connections. Connections. We’re always seeking connections.

Lips move, fingers tap keys, pens scratch paper, phones ring on and on. People seek people, looking and looking. Connections; connections; we’re always seeking connections. It’s a journey. Finding the connection. Seeking answers from the people around us, how to find the place deep inside.

Connections, connections. We’re terrified of finding connections. Because seeking, seeking, searching is familiar. What do we do if we find? If we really reach that place inside, the place where our spirit resides, will we like what we find? Will we be strong enough? Brave enough? True enough? Will we be enough?

Connections. Connections. Always seeking connections.

When we connect, when we harness the power within, when we touch the place inside, the place where our spirit resides, then we rise. Then we see ourselves. We see what our Father sees. We find the peace. The strength. The answers. The connections. The quiet. The stillness.

Connections. Connections. If you could travel pass the stars, past the veil, if you could pierce through and see, if you could connect with where you came from; could you find that place inside? If you could press aside the veil and touch heaven; would you see yourself? If you could journey through the mind, through the heart, through the spirit; if you could touch memories and finger emotions, if that matter were tangible, what would it feel like? If you could connect inside; if you could touch that matter; what would you build?

If we could reach deep enough, far enough, old enough, past the shallow pieces, past the walls we build around ourselves, past the veil we have to live with, could we meet and connect with heaven? Could we touch the core that is ourselves? Could we find what we are? Could we reach what we are meant to be?

Connections. Connections. We’re all down here seeking connections.

Are we here to wander or to find? If we could reach inside, could we truly find the inner mind? Where are we inside? How do we connect? Do we want to connect? Do we fear to connect? If I connect, what will I be? When I swam to the ocean inside, what did I find? Where was my spirit? Was she enough inside?

No one knows but me. Inside; deep inside; no one on this earth knows but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment