Friday, July 9, 2010

Where is peace?

Peace is a tendril of music, snaking through my ears.
Peace is the soft breathing of a child curled up, trusting in my arms.
Peace is the top of a mountain, glorying in the majesty of living.
Peace is a soft ray of dawn, brushing the sky with color.
Peace is the silk of a piano key, slipping emotion into sound.
Peace is a piece of river, lapping against the Island rock.
Peace is a white card in a plastic cover, letting me where I want to be.
Peace is a smile, curving lips sending love.
Peace is a bike, carrying me to freedom.
Peace is a dandelion, coloring my fingers with yellow warm.
Peace is words, dancing through my mind.
Peace is God’s voice, sending his love and thoughts.
Peace is an apple, crisping juice over my tongue.
Peace is the morning quiet, wrapping me up.
Peace is an aching muscle, sending accomplishment through my body.
Peace is a pillow, sending tired muscles to rest.
Peace is my Savior, smiling down at me.
Peace is the color white, blending all colors perfectly.
Peace is the soft scratch of a pen, recording thoughts.   
Peace is priceless, evading all who would hoard it.
Peace is oxygen, nourishing our souls. 
Peace is everywhere, waiting for us to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment